How to Brand Your Insurance Agency
Branding is a common word you hear in the marketing space, but what does it mean? Your insurance agency’s brand helps establish why customers should do business with you, or consider you versus the insurance agent down the street. Branding is critical to everything you do in your insurance agency, and it’s much more than a logo. Your brand should be your best friend. It provides the focus for everything that your insurance agency does, from marketing to customer service to sales and operations.
While an insurance agency logo is important to help you remain identifiable, branding your insurance agency is focusing on several aspects of your business. What is your insurance agency’s mission? What are the benefits of your insurance agency’s products or services? What qualities do you want your clients to associate with your insurance agency?
Answering questions like these are important to help to make your insurance agency unique. Everything about a brand is rolled up into the answers to the following six questions:
- What business are you in?
- Who do you serve?
- What are their special needs?
- With whom do you compete?
- What makes you different?
- What unique benefit do customers derive from you?
Your insurance agency’s brand is your promise to customers and employees regarding how you plan to conduct business and what they can expect from your insurance agency.
It does not matter the size of your insurance agency; the purpose, value, and opportunity of building your brand is always the same: to help position your insurance agency as unique and valuable to your target audience. How do you create a unique and valuable brand? Aside from an attractive brand name and a professionally designed logo – there are other factors included in your insurance agency’s brand:
- Your Brand’s Messaging & Voice. Write out what you want your insurance agency’s brand to say, and how you want to say it. Make sure your agents and other staff understand the brand and that they are a representation of the agency’s brand online and offline.
- Come Up with a Tagline. It’s imperative you create a short, memorable statement that speaks to the core of your insurance agency. When you hear “You’re in good hands!” – what company comes to mind?
- Your insurance agency’s brand needs to influence everything from your email signature line, digital marketing, direct advertising to how you interact with your clients and prospects. Many insurance agency’s develop a brand book for employees to help assist with consistency.
- Staying true to the real you. Consistently delivering what your brand promises is a requirement for long-term branding success and the reputation of your insurance agency.
Brands are about less, not more. Savvy agent owners know the value of focus and how being recognized as an “expert” in your local market carriers over into other lines of business. Being the best at something is the best advertising of all. Your insurance agency’s ability to be recognized as the “expert” or the “go-to” is simply known as your brand’s reputation. How do you want prospects and clients to feel, what do you want them to think when they see your color scheme, your logo, and hear your tagline? Will they think of best of quality customer service?
Great brands make bold promises and keep them. Great brands require every piece of the insurance agency to pitch in. Every great brand will take a risk. A great brand is a true asset of your insurance agency, and it can only be great if every corner is covered.
For more information on branding, and if you’re looking for a one-on-one consultation to discuss your re-branding efforts in 2019, click here now. We can help you design a logo, come up with a unique value proposition, learn why your brand matters, and how your insurance agency’s brand can help boost your sales!