With how hectic things can get around AEP, it’s easy to forget about marketing your business. However, marketing during AEP is crucial.
Social media marketing, in particular, has become more important than ever for getting your business seen and initiating conversation. Over 90% of baby boomers use one or more social media sites, and most of them are on the platforms every day. However, if your posts aren’t shared, your visibility on the platform is much lower than if they were. It’s important to know which posts are performing well and which aren’t to improve your overall interaction. For example, to check if your post was shared on Facebook, you can either look directly at your notification center or the original post.
Keep your goals in mind.
To get the most out of your social media posts, it’s best to have planned topics rather than posting at random. For AEP, you want to post information relevant to enrolling, switching plans, etc.
Becoming a resource for such information will promote beneficiaries to schedule an appointment with you. Here are some helpful tips to make yourself a reliable source:
- If what you are posting is not educational in some way, don’t post it.
- Be sure what you post and share is accurate and encourage your audience to fact-check content.
- Promote trust and confidence from your audience by practicing transparency.
- Listen to your consumers on how you can improve. They know better than anyone how your posts and engagements are being received.
- Be consistent with your posting schedule. (you can even automate scheduled posts, so you don’t have to think about when you’re posting)
Getting posts shared can be difficult without a plan, but when planning your social media marketing campaign, keeping these points in mind will help you start off on the right track for a successful selling season.
If you need any help or assistance, call the professionals at Agent Pipeline at 800.962.4693