Q. How do I target Dual Special Needs Plans (D-SNP) eligible beneficiaries?
A. D-SNPs, or Dual Special Needs Plans, are designed for beneficiaries qualifying for both Medicare and Medicaid state benefits. D-SNPs can be an HMO or PPO plan, although HMO is the most common. These plans also have requirements above and beyond the regulations for standard Medicare Advantage Insurance Plans.
D-SNPs, or Dual Special Needs Plans can be sold year-round. D-SNP eligible beneficiaries are the ultimate “word-of-mouth” population.
Here are some great tips on targeting the D-SNP eligible beneficiaries in your market!
Who Are Dual Special Needs Plans Eligible Beneficiaries?
- More women are eligible for D-SNP plans than men
- 48% of Dual Special Needs Plan eligible beneficiaries are under the age of 65
- Many D-SNP plan eligible beneficiaries have mental illnesses
- There are 10 million individuals qualifying for a Dual Special Needs Plan
Where can you find Dual Special Needs Plans Eligible Beneficiaries?
- Assisted Living Facilities/Adult Day Care Facilities
- Place(s) of Worship/Churches
- Clinics/PCP Offices/Health Fairs
- Community Organizations/Senior Centers
- Fraternal Groups/Veteran’s Organizations
- Flea Markets/Thrift Stores
- Public Housing/Mobile Home Communities
What are typical marketing strategies to attract Dual Special Needs Plans Eligible Beneficiaries?
- Referrals, referrals, referrals – these beneficiaries are known as the ultimate “word-of-mouth” group
- Hosting events at local community centers
- Coupon Clipping Parties
- Magazine Parties
- Ice Cream Socials
- “Senior Proms”
When you partner with Agent Pipeline, we can provide even more in-depth guidance on reaching the D-SNP plan eligible target audience. Give us a call to learn more about this year-round selling opportunity to help individuals in your community that may qualify for Medicaid and Medicare. You can click here to learn more about D-SNP plans available in your market or call us at 800-962-4693. Want to chat now? Click the box below and ask your question regarding opportunities with D-SNP eligible now!
– Karen Hendrix, Regional Vice President
Karen has been at Agent Pipeline for over 16 years and focuses on Medicare Supplement, Medicare Advantage, and Part D plans in multiple markets. If you work in the Virginia, Arkansas, Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Nevada, please give Karen a call at 800-962-4693 – ext. 6466, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must log in to post a comment.