5 Things Every Insurance Agent Should Do Before 7 AM
The most important part of an insurance agent’s day is their morning routine. To make sure your morning routine is effective, here are five things you should do before 7 AM.
- “The Early Bird Gets the Worm!” – Successful people are known for waking up early. When you wake up early, you have more time to eat a healthy breakfast, meditate, check the news, and gather your thoughts for the day. It is also a great solution for being hurried, frazzled and unfocused during the morning rush. Waking up before 7 AM means you can no longer hit the snooze button. Studies recommend sleeping between 7 and 9 hours each night. Sleeping more improves your overall health (reducing stress and decreasing fat), memory, learning, mood, and productivity.
- Exercise or meditate – Go for a brisk walk, a quick jog, hit the weights, yoga, going for a swim—whatever you prefer; regular exercise or meditation can drastically reduce your stress levels. Exercise and meditation are proven to make you happier, more energetic, and gives your immune system the support it needs to prevent illness. Additionally, it is also proven exercise and meditation can help you focus on your goals and develop new ideas throughout the day.
- Eat a healthy breakfast – Everyone knows a healthy breakfast equals brain power! Breakfast is the fuel your brain and body needs to function throughout the day. Skip the donuts and leftover lasagna and consume some healthy carbohydrates like oatmeal, low-fat proteins like eggs, plenty of fruits & veggies and don’t forget your dairy alternatives. Studies recommend using lemon water to wash down your breakfast. According to research, the lemon water spikes your energy levels and gives you plenty of natural energy lasting the length of the day.
- Avoid your phone – Sounds crazy, right? We have a few valid reasons for not immediately reaching for your phone once you are awake. For instance, placing it next to your bed can be harmful, as it can interrupt your sleep with the light from your screen or notifications going off; so turn it off before you go to sleep! Believe it or not, diving into your inbox or social media can create stress and distract you from your personal priorities. Instead, try meditating on what you would like to achieve instead of angrily responding to emails. That is not a good way to start your day.
- Set your goals & priorities – Set goals and priorities needing to happen that day by writing down a list of the top three issues. While showering, meditating, jogging or whatever quite time you have to yourself; think about how to accomplish these goals. The most efficient way to completing your “to-do” list is to start with the hardest task at hand. Once you cross off your most dreaded item, moving down the list will be easily and reduce the risk of procrastination. Get them done and move forward into resuming your normal workload.
By creating your morning routines with the recommended five things listed above, you can develop healthy habits and see a change in your behaviors and mindset both personally and professionally. Another great addition to your morning routine is to receive updates from Agent Pipeline. We provide agents with new product announcements, market analysis information and great resources to increase your production and productivity. For more information, contact your Regional Sales Director at 800-962-4693.