You can still enroll your clients in a 2015 insurance plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace if your client has a qualifying life event. During the Special Enrollment Period, there are several opportunities to ensure your client has adequate coverage. If you are unsure whether your client has a qualifying life event, review some of those events below:
- Getting married
- Having a baby
- Adopting a child or placing a child for adoption/foster care
- Losing other health coverage
- Moving to a new residence
- Gaining citizenship of lawful presence in the U.S.
- Leaving incarceration
- Having a change in income or household status that affects eligibility for premium tax credits (subsidies) or cost-sharing reductions
For more qualifying life events and information from Healthcare.gov, click here to learn more.