As we approach the final days of the Medicare Advantage Annual Enrollment Period (AEP), we want to ensure that agents are aware of the enrollment deadlines and procedures for each company. It is critical that you adhere to these deadlines to make certain that your applications are processed correctly for a January 1, 2011 effective date.
Below you will find the deadlines and instructions for submitting enrollment applications for each company:
- Faxed enrollments must be submitted by 11:59pm local time based on the enrollee’s time zone. Agents need to keep fax confirmations that include a date/time stamp. If you are contracted through us (Integrated Benefits, Inc.) for Anthem, enrollments must be faxed to this number: 1-866-399-5161
Care Improvement Plus –
- Faxed and online applications must be received by midnight EST on December 31st. Paper enrollment forms and disenrollment requests received via U.S. Mail delivery on Monday, January 3, 2011, regardless of U.S. Postal Service postmark, may be considered “received” on Friday, December 31, 2010. Paper enrollment forms and disenrollment requests received Tuesday, January 4, 2011, through Friday, January 7, 2011, with a U.S. Postal Service postmark on or before December 31, 2010, may be accepted. AEP requests received in the mail after January 7, 2011, regardless of postmark, must be denied.
- Fax: 866-686-2508
- Mail: PO Box 691350, San Antonio, TX 78269
- Part D apps must be faxed to CIGNA by 11:59 pm (local time) on December 31st
- Fax to: 1-800-735-1469
- Medicare Advantage and Part D applications and disenrollment requests must be received at Coventry by 11:59 pm local time on December 31st
- Fax: For Coventry Part D, Fax to: 1-866-415-2232; For CCP Mail and Fax information click here
- Mail: Paper enrollment forms and disenrollment requests received via U.S. Mail delivery on January 3 regardless of U.S. Postal Service postmark, may be considered “received” on Friday, December 31, 2010, and thus accepted as AEP elections. Paper enrollment forms and disenrollment requests received January 4 through January 7, with a U.S. Postal Service postmark on or before December 31, 2010, may be accepted and considered received on the postmarked date.
Freedom Health/Optimum HealthCare/America’s 1st Choice –
- The Plan strongly recommends you continue to fax enrollments on a daily basis to adhere to application timeline standards and will process your applications from the faxed copy. However, CMS guidance states the processing of paper enrollments and dis-enrollments that were written on or before 12/31/2010 have a USPS postmark of the same date. Therefore, it is also recommended that the original applications be mailed no later than 12/31/2010 with a 12/31/2010 post mark should the paper application be necessary. Please be aware that CMS guidelines prohibit the plan from accepting any enrollments or disenrollments past January 7th regardless of postmark.
- Fax: 866-254-2254 or emergency back up to 813-506-6151
Health Spring –
- The cutoff date for January 1st effectives via fax will be 11:59 PM (local time) on Friday, December 31st. For mailed applications, they will accept them until January 7th as long as the envelope is postmarked by December 31st.
- Fax: Fax numbers are state specific:
Alabama – (877) 818-8162 • Florida – (877) 818-8162
Georgia – (877) 818-9299 • Illinois – (877) 818-9225
Mississippi – (877) 818-8162 • Tennessee – (877) 818-9299
Texas – (877) 818-8163
- Paper applications must be in the agent’s possession on December 31st and signed and dated by the enrollee no later than December 31st to be considered for a January 2011 plan effective date. Agents must make every effort to mail or fax the applications by December 31st.
* All applications must have an enrollee signature no later than Dec. 31st
* Non postmarked applications will be processed up until January 3rd
* Postmarked applications will be processed up until January 7th
- Fax: 877-889-9936
- Mail: ACS
c/o Humana Medicare Enrollment
2432 Fortune Drive
Lexington, KY 40512-4309
- Online apps can be keyed into the enrollment system until midnight (Pacific time) on 12/31/10
- Mail : All paper applications and disenrollment requests received via U.S. Mail delivery on Monday, January 3, 2011, regardless of U.S. Postal Service postmark, may be considered “received” on Friday, December 31, 2010, and thus accepted as AEP elections. Paper enrollment forms and disenrollment requests received Tuesday, January 4, 2011, through Friday, January 7, 2011, with a U.S. Postal Service postmark on or before December 31, 2010, may be accepted and considered received on the postmarked date. AEP requests received in the mail after January 7, 2011, regardless of postmark, must be denied.
Universal American –
- Online: PDP applications to be submitted online must be input into AgentLink by December 31, 2010 at midnight (local time zone). Fax the AgentLink Cover Sheet, original PDP enrollment form and all applicable paperwork to 1-866-417-5194. (Paper enrollments and applicable paperwork must also be received by December 31, 2010.)
- Fax: All original PDP paper enrollments and applicable paperwork submitted via DirectFax must be received by December 31, 2010 (midnight, local time zone). DirectFax PDP plan enrollment requests should be sent to: 1-866-635-3177
United HealthCare –
- The deadline for Annual Election Period (AEP) enrollment applications and disenrollment requests is end-of-day on December 31, 2010. This includes all electronic and fax applications. PDP Paper Enrollment Applications must be postmarked on or before December 31, 2010 and will be accepted January 4-7, 2011. PDP Paper enrollment applications for the Annual Election Period received in the mail after January 8, 2011, regardless of postmark, will be denied.
- Click here for Fax and Mail information. These instructions apply to agents contracted through Integrated Benefits, Inc.
Universal Health Care –
- Universal Health Care will accept Enrollment Applications that are dated on or before 12/31/2010, until 1/6/2011. 1/6/2011 is the absolute last day that we can receive Enrollment Applications for a 1/1/2011 effective date
- Fax: Fax the Universal Enrollment Fax/Application Log Sheet and the entire application (with any necessary attachments) to one of the following numbers:
(727)497-5730 • (727)-497-5731 • (727)-497-5732
Then mail the entire application to Universal Health Care
- Mail: Enrollment applications with the Scope of Appointment form (if telephonic scope process was used, make sure the Scope ID number is filled in on the Enrollment Application) may be sent via a mail tracking system – within 48 hours of signature to:
Universal Health Care
100 Central Avenue
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
We appreciate all of your hard work during this AEP and look forward to working with you in the future. Happy New Year!